- Distillery: Tamdhu Distillery
- Years Aged: NAS
- Proof: 117.6
- Local Price (USD): $97.60
- Availability: Rare (Batch No.1 only)
- Color & Consistency: Reddish-tan & the legs just hold on like Sylvester Stallone in Cliffhanger
- Nose: Sherry first then butterscotch, cherry and oak
- Taste: Berry & cherry sweetness but not in a bad way. Syrupy, tangy & due to the batch strength it just burns so good
- Finish: Oaky with lingering sugars and alcohol.
- Excerpt from the tasting session - "The finish leaves your tongue writhing in agony and pleasure, all at the same time hating itself but wanting more." ..maybe a little too 50 Shades of Grey perhaps?
- Conclusion: Batch No.1 is a rare commodity but as a whole, Tamdhu Batch Strength is easy to come by. First taste is bliss, super sweet, but bliss. We were pleasantly surprised when the Willy Wonka sweetness started to overpower but the abundance of alcohol did its part to keep everything in check.
- If the batches keep on par with No.1 then yes, thank you ma'am may we have another! We know its on the higher side of the price range but if you are a fan of over-proof, cask strength, barrel strength, etc. then definitely grab yourself a bottle and don't look back.
Quick Facts1. Introduced in 2015
- 2. Majority is aged in first-fill sherry oak casks from America & Europe
- 3. Ongoing debate whether caramel coloring added
- 4. Tamdhu Distillery was built in 1897 & currently plays a significant role in the blends of Cutty Sark, The Famous Grouse & Dunhill Brand