- Color & Consistency: Golden yellow with legs that run the length of the glass. Pretty impressive for a 40% ABV dram.
- Nose: Light Sherry influence and grassy. Somewhat like sweet horse manure with an earthly decomposition akin to freshly laid bark dust.
- Taste: Very light and mild on the palate almost like its triple distilled..... wait, we just read the label. Definitely Sherry and citrus rind.
- Finish: Light and dry dissipating quickly. Cocoa nibs & chocolate
- Conclusion: If it had a slightly higher proof the finish would be better/longer. Good for sipping or at dinner to pair with lighter fair such as fish, chicken or pasta. As far as a 12 year goes it's better than some and just right for the price.