- Color & Consistency: The color of Bourbon. Legs like the facets of a Hibiki bottle.
- Nose: Oooooooaaaaaaaaak & brown sugar coated cherries.
- Taste: Heavy on the tannins like a very dry red wine & the oak coming all the way through overshadows everything else.
- Finish: Muted but still sweet. For the proof and the age we thought the finish would last a bit longer. Couldn't pick it out at first but then BANG! Banana at the end.
- Conclusion: Mash bill: 86% Corn, 8% Barley, 6% Rye. Even being aged 22 years it doesn't hold a candle to the Elijah Craig 18 YR that we sampled on the same evening. Bottle looks cool and its definitely a rare throwback style bourbon but the amount of oak kinda killed it for us. If we can find it we are looking forward to reviewing the next release (23 Year) in the Rhetoric line from Orphan Barrel. This one we gotta say is good for a collector or to experience once but for the price we will pass on a chance to buy again.