- Color & Consistency: Straw Yellow. Usain Bolt legs (quick and runny).
- Nose: Lighter on the nose than Evan Williams but still alcohol forward & sour.
- Taste: Watery, sugary, corny & alcoholy, Burns pretty good going down.
- Finish: Runs away as fast as it showed up leaving you with a bit of bitter citrus & sugar.
- Conclusion: As our palates have matured we realize that whiskeys of this caliber just don't quite make the grade as far as a sipper goes. Definitely fine as a mixer or if you want to re-live your your lost college days. If you like the Beam we suggest you check out Evan Williams as we feel it is more interesting in flavor profile and cheaper to boot! Even though we gave it a lower rating due to its in-your-faceness and low complexity, the majority do not agree with us anyway as it is still one of the top selling bourbons in the world.