- You really can't make this stuff up. Here's an excerpt from their website -
- "In 1785, Tullamore witnessed a devastating hot-air balloon accident. The resulting blaze nearly destroyed the town but immeasurably strengthened her people. Since that day, they placed a phoenix in the town’s coat of arms. Driven by their positive spirit, the town’s renaissance in the ensuing decades saw the establishment of the Tullamore distillery in 1829."
- Color & Consistency: Pale yellow with crossing legs.
- Nose: Astringent, sherry & vanilla.
- Taste: Healthy amount of alcohol gives a good burn with a little bit of spiciness & caramel.
- Finish: Decently long lasting heat with a sweet sherry rounding the finish line.
- Conclusion: We loved 12 Year and this is a welcome step in the right direction. It's sweeter with more heat but retains all of the characteristics that we have come to love in a good Tullamore. We feel that Phoenix could stand toe to toe with a number of great Scotch Whiskys in this price point and is a definite standout in the Irish realm. Love the higher ABV as we are all fans of high/overproof bottlings and would definitely buy it again if we had the chance.