- Color & Consistency: Fresh out of the tap rich maple syrup, thin & quick like Mo Farah.
- Nose: Cherry flavored Play-Doh and no, not the philosopher, but if so very likely had incredibly offensive BO.
- Taste: The aftertaste is worse so just swallow.
- Finish: Very organic and kind of musty. It doesn't hit you right away but when it does, all you want is for it to be over.
- Conclusion: We all had high hopes for this bottle as the port addition was intriguing but this unfortunately has a slightly offensive / funky profile from bow to stern. The more you drink the more you get used to it but its not exactly what we would call enjoyable. The port addition doesn't do it any favors either. It's a completely odd duckling and we give them credit for trying this blend (Kentucky Rye, Canadian Rye from Alberta Distillery & California Port). Unfortunately it just doesn't translate for us in the finished product.